About Olde English Bulldogges Puppies
The recreation of the breed began in 1971 when foundation dogs were used selectively in various combinations to obtain the desired physical and mental traits of the original Olde English Bulldogges. The result has been a bulldogge of great athletic ability that is much healthier and physically fit, without most or all of the problems that plague today’s modern English Bulldogs. We have made breakthroughs in our program by bringing the best dogs from the West Coast, where the recreation of this breed originated, to the Southeast. Olde South Bulldogges enjoys its status as the number one Olde English Bulldogges puppy breeder in the Southeast. Olde English Bulldogge puppies from Olde South are in excellent health, athletic, and will be a loyal companion…. the ultimate family member.
Olde English Bulldogge’s Best Qualities
We believe that correct structure and conformation is extremely important in the functionality of our Olde English Bulldogges. What we consider to be ideal are Old English Bulldogges that stand 16 inches tall at the withers, weigh 50 to 65 pounds, and display a large head with a short, broad muzzle of 1.5 to 2 inches in length. The chest should be wide and deep giving the dog a broad, short appearance. We believe that proper movement is a direct reflection of correct structure. We are committed to breeding Old English Bulldogge puppies that are proportionate, well-balanced, flexible, and sound.
Aggression is not tolerated from our dogs and we would never breed a dog that demonstrated an aggressive or dangerous temperament. We carefully select bulldogges from bloodlines that are consistently stable in temperament. Our bulldogges are members of our family. They go on walks, go boating with us, and have lots of play time every day. It is important to us that our dogs are capable of interacting with people properly. The Olde English Bulldogge is courageous, loyal, and loving.
We only use very healthy and capable bulldogges in our breeding program that are free of skin, joint,and breathing problems. We have a close working relationship with our veterinarians. We spare no expense when it comes to proper veterinary care of our dogs. All of our Olde English Bulldogge puppies come with a one-year written health guarantee against inheritable health issues.
We regularly keep puppies from our litters to evaluate as future breeding prospects. This allows us to directly observe what we are producing and build on the characteristics that we find desirable with every generation. Olde South strives to produce a better litter of Olde English Bulldogge puppies with every breeding. Breeding rights are included with the purchase of male pups. Breeding rights may be negotiated with restrictions for female pups.
Olde English Bulldogge Puppy Delivery and Shipping
There are several ways to adopt a puppy from Olde South. We welcome visitors to view our puppies and meet the adult dogs with an appointment or we can send photos and video. A deposit can be put down on any puppy that is available to hold that puppy until their release day. We will provide no more than three photos/video to the new owner while awaiting the puppy’s release day by request only. We are not able to take weekly photos or video as we are always assisting many families at one time and often caring for multiple puppies of various ages. We can keep a puppy for up to 10 days after their 8-week birthday at no charge.
If the puppy is over 8 weeks old, the family is able to take the puppy home on the day of the inquiry. We have current health records on all available pups. We are able to meet a customer part way, and will drive 100 miles free of charge. We deliver at no charge to Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Daytona, and Tallahassee. We can send multiple photos and arrange shipping anywhere in the US. We also offer free delivery to Savannah, Charleston, Charlotte, and Atlanta.
All puppies receive a health record that lists all vaccines, deworming, and medications administered to the animal. Pet dealers are not required to provide an official USDA CVI. A USDA certificate of veterinary inspection is not provided.
Below is a copy of our contract/purchase agreement all buyers must sign
OLDE SOUTH BULLDOGGES
Olde South Bulldogges (hereby referred to as “seller”) transfers ownership of the puppy described below (hereby referred to as “puppy”) to the party named above (hereby referred to as “buyer”). All deposits and payments are NON REFUNDABLE. The purchase price listed above plus all shipping and handling costs must be paid in full to the seller at least 48 hours prior to scheduled shipping of the puppy. Full payment may be made at time of delivery if the puppy is picked up in person by the buyer. Payment will be made in cash, money order, cashier’s check, or by PayPal.
All puppies are sold on a first come first served basis based upon the time and date of receipt of deposit by the seller. A deposit of $500 is required in order to hold a puppy for a buyer. Puppy must be shipped or picked up in person by the buyer when the puppy is between 8 and 10 weeks of age. If puppy is beyond 8 weeks of age at time of deposit the puppy must be picked up within 2 weeks of date deposit is received by the seller. If puppy is not shipped or picked up by the dates outlined above, the buyer will forfeit the NON REFUNDABLE deposit as damages and the puppy will be put up for sale.
BUYER agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- To receive a health record that lists all vaccines, deworming, and medications administered to the animal. Pet dealers are not required to provide an official USDA CVI. A certificate of veterinary inspection is not provided in this transaction.
- In the event that the consumer purchases the animal and finds it to have been unfit for purchase at the time of acquisition the consumer must notify the pet dealer within 2 business days of the veterinarian’s determination that the animal was unfit. The consumer has the right exchange the animal at the seller’s discretion but not receive reimbursement for related veterinary services. Prior to issuing an exchange it is the right of the seller to have the animal examined by another veterinarian of her choosing.
- To waive and relinquish his or her right to return the dog for congenital or hereditary disorders. If a licensed veterinarian certifies that at the time of sale or up to 1 year from date of birth the dog was unfit for purchase due to a congenital or hereditary disorder that is a major medical concern. At the seller’s discretion, the seller will afford the consumer the right to return the animal and receive an exchange dog of the consumer’s choice of equivalent value, but not a refund of the veterinary costs related to the certification that the dog is unfit and not a refund of the purchase price. The health guarantee expires 1 year from date of birth. Shipping is the responsibility of the consumer. The buyer acknowledges that an animal may not be determined unfit on account of an injury sustained or illness contracted after the consumer takes possession of the animal. A veterinary finding of intestinal or external parasites of any kind is not grounds for declaring a dog unfit for sale unless the animal is clinically ill because of that condition. Any and all medical expenses are always the responsibility of the consumer while the dog is in the consumer’s possession.
- All puppies are sold with no guarantee made as to size, color, quality, and disposition or fertility. Only male puppies are sold with full breeding rights. Breeding rights can be purchased for female puppies. Olde South Bulldogges does not guarantee that the puppy listed above when an adult will be able to produce offspring.
- If Olde South wishes to contest a demand for refund or exchange made by the buyer under this agreement, Olde South Bulldogges may require the buyer to produce the animal for examination by a licensed veterinarian designated by kennel owner. Transportation is the responsibility of the buyer. Upon such examination, if the buyer and Olde South Bulldogges are unable to reach an agreement that constitutes one of the options set forth in this agreement within 10 business days following receipt of the animal for such examination, the buyer may initiate an action in a court of competent jurisdiction to recover or obtain a refund or exchange as allowed by this agreement.
- In the event that the puppy is sold by the buyer the warranties contained in this contract are null and void and do not transfer to the next buyer.
For more information, please fill out the Information form. We will be glad to answer your questions.
Selecting Your Olde English Bulldogge Puppy
Pick-of-the-litter is offered as an option on every litter. First pick and second pick deposit is $500. We begin accepting pick-of-the-litter deposits once pregnancy is confirmed by ultra sound at 30 days gestation. We notify the family 24 hours after the puppies have arrived and send photos of the puppies at 9 days old. The family has 24 hours to select a puppy or forfeit their choice. The family is welcome to view the pups in their 24-hour window and make their selection in person. If the person with the first pick option fails to select a puppy the photos are sent to the family with second pick of the litter. Selected pups are held for the buyer until pick up or shipping day at 8 weeks of age. Once pups reach 14 days of age they are put on the market. The pick-of-the-litter deposit allows a family to choose a puppy before they are put on the market. Puppies are not held without a deposit . A family can switch their deposit one time before the litter reaches 6 weeks of age. The balance is due at pick up. All deposits can be applied to the adoption of any puppy up to 2 years after receipt. Breeder reserves the right to chose pups for the breeding program before any first pick option.